Sugar cookie tips
December 2015, Los Angeles, Ca-Sugar Cookies are a great sweet that fits any occasion during the holidays- parties, gifts, after school activity, cookie swap and more. The fanciful cookie cutters that are available allow cookies to be shaped any way.
There are even online websites that allow you to design your ver own cookie cutter to enjoy for years to come. There are tons of sugar cookie recipes online and our tips will help you get the best experience. Here is a great recipe for sugar cookies at Better Homes and Garden.
Here are few tips to help you make your sugar cookies perfect cookies.
Tips for Sugar Cookies
- First and for most, the no brainer, roll the dough evenly.
- Cream the butter and sugar well.
- Bake them on very clean cookie sheets so they don’t absorb the flavor.
- Do not bake sugar cookies on dark pans because they will be more likely to burn on the bottom.
- Let the cookies cool before removing them from the pan but beware not to let them completely cool.
- Clean your spatula after you remove each cookie from the pan, cookie bits left on the spatula can make removing cookies more difficult.
- For crisp sugar cookies roll the dough to a thin thickness.
- For softer sugar cookies roll them out to a thicker thickness and bake them for a shorter time period
- Keep them stored in a tightly sealed container only if they are without icing to prevent them from becoming soft.
- Ice/frost them the day you want to serve them.
- Short on time? Make the dough ahead of time and keep it refrigerated or in the freezer (if you put the dough in the freezer roll it into cookie logs so all you have to do is slice and bake them).
- Make sure that you have enough cooling racks for the amount of cookies you want to bake.
Thanks for reading and if you enjoyed this don’t forget to share and check out our delicious chocolate chip cookies recipe.