Peanut butter and banana Panini
Panini’s are traditionally made with ciabatta, rolls or any other type of bread other than sliced sandwich bread. However, in today’s menus you find Panini’s made with sliced bread and what makes today’s Panini’s stand out from other sandwiches is the slight grill marks on top of the bread and the ingredients inside slightly warmed. If you think your kids won’t go for the grill marks you can always toast the sandwiches in a non stick sauté pan for more of a grilled cheese look.
- Heat a grill pan on a medium high heat.
- Smear the bread with peanut butter and then top with sliced bananas and the top piece of bread.
- Spray the sandwich bread with nonstick spray and place the sandwich on to the grill pan.
- Place a piece of parchment (or you can leave it out) paper on top of the sandwich and then place something heavy on top like another cast iron pan, a brick, etc.
- Cook the sandwich for 3-4 minutes and then remove the heavy object and flip the sandwich and cook on the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- Cut in half or quarters and serve.