Epic blueberry muffins
Blueberry muffins shouldn’t be hard to make, but the truth is they are. Not because baking is hard but because everyone has their own idea of what a blueberry muffin should be. To us a blueberry muffin should
not be a cake, it should be a delicious rich buttery muffin. Which means it should be dense, moist, lightly sweet, have a soft interior with a good subtle crunchy exterior.
Thus here is our/my muffin.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a very large bowl add the butter and mix the sugar into the butter (it should look like white sand rather than typical creaming method)
- Next add two eggs and mix the ingredients together.
- Next lightly mix in the milk.
- Then add the baking soda and salt.
- Again lightly mix.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Mix in the oatmeal.
- Then toss the blueberries in the remaining flour and gently mix them into the batter.
- Spray a muffin tin (OXO makes an amazing gold muffin tin that works really well) with nonstick spray and flour the pans as well to ensure the muffins don’t stick.
- Fill the muffin tins ½ to ¾ of the way full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until they are done (test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the middle and if no batter sticks to it they are finished baking).
- Let the cupcakes rest for 10 minutes and then remove them from the pan and finish cooling on a baking rack.
What is your favorite type of blueberry muffin?
If you liked this recipe try our pumpkin bread recipe.