Chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting
Who doesn’t love chocolate cake? We all need a good chocolate cake recipe and this one is perfect for any occasion and it will work with any frosting and filling, and if you don’t have one this cream cheese icing and raspberry filling will satisfy everyone’s cravings.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar for 3 minutes
- Add the milk and eggs and mix it well.
- Then add the vanilla (the mixture will look a little curdled).
- In a separate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix then add the second 3rd and mix and then add the last third and mix.
- Pour the batter into two 8 inch rounds that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes until it’s cooked in the middle.
- Place on a baking rack and let it cool for an hour.
- Once the cake has cooled place one of the cakes on a platter and spread on 1 cup of raspberry preserves.
- Next top the other cake on top of the cake with the raspberry preserves.
- Last add the cream cheese frosting and sprinkle cocoa powder over the top.