What to cook for Memorial
Los Angeles, Ca, May 24th, 2017-We finally made it to Memorial Day and as tradition it officially marks the beginning of delicious summer foods like grilled meats and vegetables, summer melons and sweet fruit desserts.
Eating a delicious meal, hanging out with friends and soaking up the beginning of the summer sun makes it easy to forget why we celebrate this historic day. As you’re picking out your red, white and blue decorations take a few moments to think about the men and women who have fought for our country.
In remembrance of these brave Americans you can take a moment of silence, display an American Flag on your porch, share a heartwarming story from a personal experience on Social Media or visit a memorial site. We would love to hear what you do to recognize the men and women who have fought?
After you’ve taken your moment it’s time to celebrate our great country, so get out your barbq grills, dust off your cobbler pans and start chopping up your vegetables. A few of our favorite Memorial Day recipes: cashew coleslaw, deviled eggs, sweet and tangy ribs,Grilled pork tenderloin, m &m cookies, berry cobbler, cake pops and artichoke dip.
Plus take a look at our recipe section there are lots of delicious recipes that we didn’t mention in this article and they would be perfect for your party today.
Other ideas to add to your party:
- Plus try adding bowls of single fresh fruits- a bowl of strawberries, a bowl of blueberries, a bowl of fresh melon.
- Make a delicious cocktail with and with out alcohol.
- What about making cups available for food as well as plates, it’s so easy to throw vegetables and dip (you can even put macaroni and cheese or coleslaw into cups!) into a cup and eat with out worrying that everything is going to spill.
- Make sharpies available so people can write their name on cups and plates.
- Trash cans, trash cans and more trash cans.
- You know you’re friend that says what can I bring, tell her ice, a party can always use more ice.
Do you have young kids coming to your party try adding some of these delicious items to your list:
- Bags of pirate booty
- Carrots, cucumbers and black olives on a tray for kids
- cheese sticks
- Animal crackers
- Gold fish (you’ll be surprised how many adults go for the goldfish)
- Peanut butter crackers
- Yogurt squeezes
- Honest juices (in the pouches)
- Mini cheese burgers or hamburgers that can fit in a hot dog bun (perfect for little fingers)
- A bowl of Annie’s macaroni and cheese (sorry blue box of macaroni and cheese but the kids these days are reaching for the pink box instead)
- All fruit SMALL popsicles
- Build your own sugar cookies
What’s your favorite dish to make on Memorial day?