Breakfast birthday party for toddlers and kids
Los Angeles, Ca, October 15, 2015-Out of afternoon birthday ideas? Tired of the sleepy child meltdown mid-party? Harness the vast energy kids possess between the hours of 7am and 12:30pm: throw a Birthday Breakfast. Birthday breakfasts are a fun way to celebrate the big day. . Even better, you get to be creative with delicious foods like marble waffles, blueberry pancakes, sweet French toast or even quiche. Go crazy and
serve colored donuts for dessert without the guilt, because they will have had some good proteins, not just nitrate tubes.
Here’s how to sneak some healthy ingredients into seemingly sweet foods.
- Add Greek yogurt to both your waffle and pancake batter: same taste, tons of protein.
- Add mashed or pureed bananas to your pancake and waffle batter: potassium galore.
- Decorate your main courses with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries: super power antioxidants.
- Use half wheat, half white batter to get the best of both worlds.
- Skewer fruit, kids always like everything better on a stick, but don’t forget to cut off the sharp end so they don’t poke themselves.
- Instead of serving plain chocolate milk make Ovaltine: same taste but packed with vitamins..
- Make layered smoothies, different kinds for each section. You will find that children will power past the kiwi they don’t like because it’s green and they’ll be too excited to notice.
- Greek yogurt parfait, allow the kids to create their own parfaits as part of the party activities; their own personal yogurt shop.
- No matter what you do for your child’s birthday it’s going to be a hit, stressful but wonderful. The main thing is to make sure there’s enough non sweet things so they don’t have a massive sugar overload which will leave everyone in tears no matter how much fun they had!
Was this article helpful? We want to know.